The Department of Defense’s (DoD) Environmental Security Technology Certification Program (ESTCP) released a solicitation on January 5, 2017, requesting proposals for demonstrations of environmental technologies.
DOD ORGANIZATIONS: The DoD Call for Proposals requests pre-proposals related to:
· Environmental Restoration
· Munitions Response in Underwater Environments
· Resource Conservation and Resiliency
· Weapons Systems and Platforms
BAA and FEDERAL ORGANIZATIONS OUTSIDE DOD: The Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) and Call for Proposals for Federal Organizations Outside DoD request pre-proposals responding to the following topics only:
· Innovative Technology Transfer Approaches
· Long Term Management of Contaminated Aquatic Sediments
· Management of Contaminated Groundwater
· Detection, Classification, and Remediation of Military Munitions in Underwater Environments
· Use of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) for Safe and Cost Effective Natural Resources Management on Department of Defense Lands
· Demonstration/Validation of Alternatives to Hexavalent Chromium in Manufacturing and Maintenance of Weapons Systems
· Waste to Energy Converters for Overseas Contingency Operations
The due date for all pre-proposals is March 9, 2017 by 2:00 p.m. ET.
More information about the solicitation, including instructions and deadlines, is available on the ESTCP website under Funding Opportunities
WEBINAR FOR THE ESTCP SOLICITATIONS: ESTCP Director Dr. Herb Nelson and Deputy Director Dr. Andrea Leeson will conduct an online seminar “ESTCP Funding Opportunities” on January 19, 2017, from 1:00-2:00 p.m. ET. This briefing will offer valuable information for those interested in new ESTCP funding opportunities. During the online seminar, participants may ask questions about the funding process, the current ESTCP solicitation, and the proposal submission process.
The FY 2018 ESTCP Installation Energy Solicitation
is due out on or about February 2, 2017.