2016 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 08:07:16 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] PFCs: "Water contamination issues grip Colorado Springs-area residents"

Water contamination issues grip Colorado Springs-area residents
Meeting at high school to address PFC levels in wells in Widefield, Security and Fountain

By	BRUCE FINLEY
Denver Post (CO)
July 7, 2016

FOUNTAIN - More than 1,000 people south of Colorado Springs packed a high school Thursday night and buffeted government officials with questions and concerns about an invisible toxic chemical contaminating public water supplies.

Some have turned to a charity distributing up to 16 gallons a week of free bottled water. Some are relying on relatives who live elsewhere to fill up jugs.

“I’m paying for a clean, consumable product, and I’m not getting it. Definitely I’m angry, frustrated,” retired military airman Mike Ditman, 53, said after the forum. “We’ve been drinking this water for 22 years. It could be causing cancer, kidney problems. They don’t really know. Obviously it is a concern. I raised four kids on this water.”

Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment officials repeated recommendations — especially for women and children, because they may be more vulnerable to the perfluorinated chemicals (PFCs) — to switch to other water as a precaution.

…

For the entire article, see
https://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/07/water-contamination-colorado-springs-area-residents-water-officials/

Voice/Fax: 650/961-8918