2016 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2016 10:36:48 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] PFCs: "Wright-Patt [OH] shuts down another problem well"

Wright-Patt shuts down another problem well
Ohio EPA says base staff ‘not responding’ to state agency

By Barrie Barber
Dayton Daily News (OH)
May 26, 2016

WRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE - Wright-Patterson shut down a drinking water well Thursday in Area A after the Ohio EPA issued emergency orders the day prior to close the well because of contamination concerns, officials said.

The state agency’s order to close the well by Thursday was the second issued to the base in less than a week. The Ohio Environmental Protection Agency also ordered the base to submit an alternative water plan by June 2, and to start taking drinking water samples monthly.

“The health and well-being of our people is our number one priority,” Col. Elena Oberg, installation vice commander, said in a statement. “We will work closely with the Ohio EPA to develop a long-range plan to resolve this issue.”

…

For the entire article, see
http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/local-military/wright-patt-shuts-down-problem-well/nrTjM/