2016 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2016 01:00:54 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] PFCs: "Navy holds meeting to discuss water toxicity results near Fentress" Landing Field, VA

Navy holds meeting to discuss water toxicity results near Fentress

By Liz Kilmer
WAVY 10 TV News (Hampton Roads, VA)
March 25, 2016

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) – After testing dozens of private wells for possible contamination near Naval Auxiliary Landing Field (NALF) Fentress, officials with the Navy and other health agencies hosted a community forum on Thursday night.

“We’re happy that we’re providing some more information because what’s important to us is transparency,” said Captain Lou Schager, commanding officer of Naval Air Station Oceana and Fentress.

A total of 52 private wells near Fentress were tested for perfluorinated compounds (PFCs), after the chemicals were detected in drinking water at the base.

Two of those wells tested for having higher levels of PFCs than what is considered acceptable by the Environmental Protection Agency. People are urged not to drink the water.

…

For the entire article, see
http://wavy.com/2016/03/25/navy-holds-meeting-to-discuss-water-toxicity-results-near-fentress/