2015 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 18:56:17 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] FUEL: "Kirtland [AFB, NM] cleanup delays to end soon"

Kirtland cleanup delays to end soon

By Ollie Reed Jr.
Albuquerque Journal (NM)
May 4, 2015

New Mexico Environment Secretary Ryan Flynn said he’s pleased with the progress made the last couple of

months in dealing with the Kirtland Air Force Base fuel spill but knows his department and the Air Force have yet to earn the public’s trust in the matter.

“We are still singing for our supper,” Flynn said last week during a meeting with Journal reporters and editors. “We need to be able to come up here and put a picture on the wall showing the (fuel spill) plume and a year from now put up another picture to show that the plume is collapsing.”

The fuel leak, which originated in fuel storage tanks at Kirtland, is believed to have been seeping into the ground for decades but was only detected in 1999.

…

For the entire article, see
http://www.abqjournal.com/579081/abqnewsseeker/kirtland-cleanup-delays-to-end-soon.html

278-A Hope Street