2014 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 10:33:23 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] RADIATION, REGULATION: "Health department: Waste, tank treatment a priority at [Savannah River Site, SC]"

Health department: Waste, tank treatment a priority at SRS

by Derrek Asberry
Aiken Standard (SC)
March 26, 2014

The S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control reports it still intends to hold the Department of Energy accountable for requesting adequate funding for waste clean up and tank closures at the Savannah River Site.

Shelly Wilson, the federal facilities liaison for SCDHEC, said waste and tank treatment is still a top priority during day two of the SRS Citizens Advisory Board bimonthly meeting.

“We call it the 'single largest environmental threat in South Carolina,' so we focus on it because the schedule for risk reduction is important to us,” Wilson said. “We put the pressure on DOE to ask for funds, and we were very encouraged by the DOE budget request which is asking for an increase in funding.”

…

For the entire article, see
http://m.aikenstandard.com/article/20140326/AIK0101/140329561

278-A Hope Street