2013 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 20:57:18 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] COMMUNITIES: Army at Badger (WI) "Blocks Other Opinions at Upcoming Public Meeting"

From: "Laura Olah" <info@cswab.org>

CSWAB UPDATE:

U.S. Army Blocks Other Opinions at Upcoming Public Meeting

The U.S. Army at Badger Army Ammunition Plant has informed Citizens for Safe Water Around Badger that it is “not okay” to distribute informational handouts at an upcoming public meeting on groundwater scheduled to begin at 6 pm on December 11 at the River Arts Center Gallery in Prairie du Sac.

The purpose of the public meeting is to discuss the status of groundwater monitoring, groundwater treatment systems, and monitored natural attenuation of contamination that has moved beyond the plant boundary.

CSWAB’s planned handouts included a summary of recommendations from a professional hydrogeologist who has reviewed the Army’s plans, and a fact sheet describing recent changes in public and private well testing that have been approved by the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources.

In an email to the U.S. Army this week, CSWAB asked: “Would it be okay if we set up a small table for literature at the Dec 11 public meeting?  We have some handouts that we would like to make available to folks.”

A few hours later, the Commander’s Representative at Badger replied: “No it is not okay to set up or distribute information from your organization at the Army's upcoming meeting. I am informed by Army management that no handouts from any non-governmental organization should be distributed at any official Army meeting, to avoid any perception of Army endorsement of the material.”

CSWAB’s informational handouts are available on our website at www.cswab.org .

HOW YOU CAN HELP:
To voice your support for CSWAB, visit www.facebook.com/cswab.org and click on LIKE!

--
Laura Olah, Executive Director
Citizens for Safe Water Around Badger (CSWAB)

like_us_facebook

278-A Hope Street
Mountain View, CA 94041
Voice: 650-961-8918 or 650-969-1545