2013 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <LSiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 07:48:03 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] REUSE: Neighborhood takes shape at former Hunters Point Naval Shipyard (CA)

Neighborhood takes shape in Bayview-Hunters Point

John Wildermuth
San Francisco Chronicle (CA)
September 6, 2013

The handful of condos and town homes now rising at Innes Avenue and Donahue Street on the edge of the former Hunters Point Naval Shipyard doesn't look like much just yet, but even a multi-billion dollar project has to start somewhere.

For builders, San Francisco politicians and generations of Bayview- Hunters Point residents, the dull thud of hammers and deafening roar of construction machinery is the welcome sound of progress in the city's most ambitious development project in a generation.

"We're finally out of the government approval stage and into building, which is why we're in this business," said Kofi Bonner, president of Lennar Urban, which is lead developer of the project.

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Neighborhood-takes-shape-in- Bayview-Hunters-Point-4790849.php#photo-5141917