2013 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 13:59:01 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] FORMER SITES, VOCs: "Attorneys collect information about" Schilling Air Force Base (KS)

Attorneys collect information about base contamination

By TIM UNRUH
Salina Journal (KS)
July 18, 2013

Salinan George Smolich strolled into M.J. Kennedy Air Terminal on Wednesday morning, sat down in a conference room with attorneys and Salina Airport Authority officials, and told of his stint as a jet mechanic at the former Smoky Hill Air Force Base.

"They were just checking, since I was stationed out there for four years, on what kinds of solvents we used on the planes," said Smolich, 76. "That was the gist of the testimony."

He was among those who had worked at the air base who gave depositions Wednesday to attorneys Mark Johnson, of Kansas City, and Dustin Denning, of Salina, who represent the Salina public entities, and Department of Justice attorney Matthew Oakes.

http://www.salina.com/news/airport-authority-and-schilling-cleanup- project-71713