2013 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 10:14:14 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] "Alameda [California] Regains Control Of Former Navy Base, Plans Redevelopment"

Alameda Regains Control Of Former Navy Base, Plans Redevelopment

CBS San Francisco/Bay City News Service (CA)
June 4, 2013

ALAMEDA (CBS SF) - The city of Alameda has regained control of 1,380 acres of land on Alameda Point that formerly was used for the Alameda Naval Air Station.

The Naval base was closed in 1997 due to budget cuts but the city has struggled for 16 years since then to get the land back and come up with a plan to develop it.

"This has been a long time coming and we're incredibly excited that we can finally move forward with the development of Alameda Point," Mayor Marie Gilmore said Monday.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2013/06/04/alameda-regains-control- of-former-navy-base/