2011 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 08:02:20 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] COMMUNITIES: Navy cuts RAB frequency in Alameda

[The Navy has told the Moffett Field Restoration Advisory Board the same thing. I don't expect that we'll object (at Moffett), because we should be able to review all ongoing projects on a quarterly basis. But I am disturbed that this came down as a unilateral, one-size-fits- all decision from headquarters, rather that a decision made in consultation with the communities. If the Navy wants to cut RAB- support expenses, I would imagine that plenty of RAB members might have other suggestions. - LS]

RAB Meetings Cut, Effective Immediately

Written by SUSAN GALLEYMORE
Alameda Sun (CA)
October 14, 2011

After 14 years of regular monthly meetings Navy Base Environmental Coordinator (BEC) Derek Robinson confirmed to members of Alameda Point's Restoration Advisory Board (RAB) that, effective immediately, RAB will meet quarterly.

Robinson explained that the Navy is experiencing budget crises, consequently RAB's Oct. 6 meeting was the last of the year.

The schedule change arose for the first time during the September meeting. RAB attendees agreed, with wry humor, that few, if any, actions on the Point have ever happened this fast.

http://alamedasun.com/local-and-hometown/9205-rab-meetings-cut- effective-immediately