2011 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 15:19:22 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] ENERGY, ENCROACHMENT: "Pentagon Streamlines Approval for Energy Projects"

Pentagon Streamlines Approval for Energy Projects

By Karen Parrish

American Forces Press Service
July 26, 2011

WASHINGTON - A Defense Department clearinghouse for renewable energy projects has approved 229 of 249 projects proposed in 35 states and Puerto Rico, Deputy Defense Secretary William J. Lynn III said last week.

"These projects represent 10 gigawatts of renewable energy generation capacity in wind energy alone," Lynn said at an Army and Air Force energy forum.

"Our action removes a major stumbling block for developers who are trying to attract financing, showing the department's commitment to supporting the president's vision for energy â without compromising our national security," the deputy secretary said.

For the entire release, see
http://www.defense.gov//News/NewsArticle.aspx?ID=64814

278-A Hope Street, Mountain View, CA 94041
Voice: 650-961-8918 or 650-969-1545
Fax: 650-961-8918