2011 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 10:24:23 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] REUSE: Oil company to buy Ingleside Naval Station (TX)

Port of Corpus Christi commissioners approve letter of intent to sell Naval Station Ingleside

Houston company that wants to create an offshore oil complex at the site

By Sara Foley
Corpus Christi Caller-Times (TX)
March 8, 2011

CORPUS CHRISTI - Port commissioners on Tuesday unanimously approved a letter of intent that will sell the former Naval Station Ingleside to a Houston company that wants to create an offshore oil complex at the site.

The agreement with Canyon Supply and Logistics gives the company 30 days to pay $1 million in earnest money and until mid-July to pay the remaining $24 million as a down payment. Once complete, the project could create up to 2,500 direct jobs.

Local officials are looking forward to moving past the next few steps, Ingleside City Councilman Steve Diehl said.

"We just need to get past the next 120 days," he said. "We wish we were at this point months ago, but we’re glad we’re here today. Let’s move the process forward and take it home."

http://www.caller.com/news/2011/mar/08/port-corpus-christi- commissioners-approve-letter-i/