2010 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Cfwoemp@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 01:26:05 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: [CPEO-MEF] REUSE: Riverbank Ammo Plant (CA) scrap metal

If they have "no problem" admitting wrong-doing, then make them pay the money back.  ~Cfw~~

In a message dated 10/22/2010 12:48:39 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, lennysiegel@gmail.com writes:
Army upset over Riverbank scrap metal sales

By Kevin Valine
Modesto Bee (CA)
October 13, 2010

RIVERBANK - The Army Corps of Engineers has whacked the city's knuckles
after the city removed and sold more than $390,000 in scrap metal from
the former Army ammunition plant without permission.

City officials acknowledge that they made a mistake.

"We have no problem saying we moved prematurely, and we are doing
everything to correct it," said Debbie Olson, executive director of the
Local Redevelopment Authority, the city agency that oversees the former
ammunition plant.

The city has been leasing the plant from the Army since April 1 at no
cost and is developing it into an industrial park, with the
understanding that eventually the Army will turn plant ownership over to
the city.

The city said it had good intentions when it hired an asset management
firm to sell surplus Army equipment and scrap metal. Olson said that was
done to make room for more business tenants at the 173-acre site at
Claus and Claribel roads.

http://www.modbee.com/2010/10/12/1380833/army-upset-over-sales.html