2010 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 16:47:18 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] PERCHLORATE: Maine Drilling & Blasting, Westford, MA

Blasting firm to pay Westford $1M for pollution cleanup

By Rachel R. Briere
Lowell Sun (MA)
January 13, 2010

WESTFORD -- Maine Drilling & Blasting has agreed to contribute $1 million toward the cleanup of perchlorate contamination in the town's water supply.

The settlement was reached between the town and the company this month after both parties agreed it would be detrimental to Westford residents if they engaged in further legal proceedings to determine who is responsible for the cleanup.

"We are all very pleased that this is moving forward and that the settlement will advance the cleanup," said Kathy Guerin, marketing director for Maine Drilling & Blasting in Gardner, Maine. "We consider ourselves leaders in the industry and we do have a policy of environmental stewardship."

http://www.lowellsun.com/ci_14190053