2008 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 15:48:20 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] REUSE, PRESERVATION: CPEO comments on Moffett Field's Hangar One (CA)

Today CPEO submitted comments on they Navy's proposed Removal Action for Moffett Field's Hangar One. The letter begins:

We appreciate the Navy's efforts to both inform our community and hear our concerns about the proposed Removal Action for Moffett Field's Site 29, Hangar One, but we remain disappointed in both the quality of the July 2008 Engineering Evaluation/Cost Analysis (EE/CA) and the limitations of the Navy's proposed action. The Navy should plan to fully restore Hangar One after removing toxic substances from the cladding (roof and siding) and short of that, it should explain why it does not wish to and does not have to.

For the entire letter, see
http://www.cpeo.org/pubs/Hangar1.pdf