2008 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 21:15:23 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] REUSE, ENERGY: Massachusetts Military Reservation's lower 5, 000

Developers plot MMR's future

By George Brennan
Cape Cod Times
September 1, 2008

Don't expect to see a 12-screen cineplex or a Wal-Mart on the Massachusetts Military Reservation, but there is a real possibility wind turbines and solar arrays will eventually dot the landscape.

MassDevelopment, using a $1 million grant secured through Senate President Therese Murray's office, continues to look at possible redevelopment options to shape the base's future.

One of the things MassDevelopment is looking at first is base efficiencies, said retired Brig. Gen. Samuel Shiver, point man on the project for Massachusetts National Guard Adjutant Gen. Joseph Carter.

"We're good at flying airplanes and putting boots to the ground, but we don't have business expertise," Shiver said.

http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080901/NEWS/809010314/-1/NEWSLETTER100