2008 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 08:52:08 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] COMMUNITY: Wyle Labs (Norco, CA) oversight

Lab panel is feeling ignored
Wyle advisory group says state is not cooperating

Liset Marquez
Inland Valley Daily Bulletin (CA)
May 3, 2008

NORCO - The community advisory group established by the state Department of Toxic Substances Control is upset that department officials have denied their requests for additional information on Wyle Laboratories.

Celeste Tittle, chairwoman of the group, said she has made repeated requests that have gone ignored, the latest to see a presentation on the draft of the Removal Action Workplan, which outlines the process to remove and dispose of contaminated soil on the former Wyle Laboratories site.

"They are not supporting us with the information or the knowledge that we need for us to do our job," Tittle said.

The cleanup plan was made available to the public Thursday by the Toxic Substances Control Department.

Wyle Labs, on 400-plus acres east of Norco High School, tested munitions for the federal government in the 1950s and '60s.

http://www.dailybulletin.com/search/ci_9146065?IADID=Search-www.dailybulletin.com-www.dailybulletin.com