2008 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:23:38 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] REUSE: Milford (CT) Army Reserve Center

Army facility may bring more room

FRANK JULIANO
Connecticut Post
April 30, 2008

MILFORD - Space for the city Health Department would double and up to
100 apartments for seniors could be provided if a U.S. Army Reserve
maintenance facility on Seemans Lane is turned over to the city.

But officials said Tuesday that senior housing would not fall under the
"public benefit" criteria under which the Army and its Base Realignment
and Closure Commission would turn the 2-acre site over to the city for free.

"We'd certainly like to have it as a public benefit conveyance, and we
are reviewing whether, if one use qualifies, it all qualifies, or
whether it reduces the price we'd pay," Economic Development Director
Robert Gregory said.

Greg Puryear, the Army's property manager, told city officials that the
Health Department use would qualify as a public benefit, and that he'd
research the other issues.

http://www.connpost.com/localnews/ci_9100810#