2008 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 08:36:38 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] COMMUNITY - Ft. Detrick (MD) forum

Fort Detrick: Officials field questions

By Justin M. Palk
Frederick News Post (MD)
February 7, 2008

FORT DETRICK -- Despite a pledge from the post's commanding general to
run a transparent operation, Fort Detrick officials had to field
skeptical questions at Wednesday night's community forum.

Some 150 people turned out for the forum, which included an update on
major happenings on the post, and an opportunity for members of the
public to question post officials.

Maj. Gen. George Weightman, who was installed as the post's commanding
general in November, applauded the good relationship between Fort
Detrick and the surrounding local governments.

"My pledge to you is to maintain that relationship, and the key to that
is trust," Weightman said. "I want you to know everything I know."

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sections/news/display.htm?StoryID=70939