2007 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: 18 Oct 2007 21:51:18 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Rialto (CA) letter to Goodrich

Rialto asks company for cleanup help

PERCHLORATE: Goodrich Corp. is one of 42 companies that may have contributed to the plume.

By MARY BENDER
Riverside Press-Enterprise (CA)
October 17, 2007

Days after a judge dismissed a lawsuit filed by Goodrich Corp. against the city of Rialto, the City Council sent a letter to the aerospace firm urging it to help clean up the underground reservoir polluted by perchlorate.

The letter sent Wednesday to Marshall Larsen, Goodrich's president and chief executive officer, was signed by city council members Winnie Hanson, Ed Scott, Joe Baca Jr. and Deborah Robertson.

In the letter, the City Council requests that Goodrich help Rialto pressure the state government to "fund an emergency cleanup of our underground drinking water supply and underground storage reservoir, while our attorneys and yours continue to argue in court ... over who will ultimately pay for this ongoing disaster."

http://www.pe.com/localnews/sbcounty/stories/PE_News_Local_B_bgoodrich18.3e072ed.html