2007 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Marylia Kelley <marylia@earthlink.net>
Date: 7 Jul 2007 23:18:08 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] NEW on Tri-Valley CAREs' web site

New on Tri-Valley CAREs' web site. Visit us at www.trivalleycares.org.
You will find --

1. A "sign and send" public comment letter on the Superfund cleanup of
toxic and radioactive pollutants at Livermore Lab's Site 300. This is a
critical public coment period, which will end on July 25. Download and mail
our suggested comment letter with "Community Acceptance Criteria" for the
cleanup plan. Don't delay. It's right there at the top of our main page!

2. Pie chart of the Livermore Lab's 2008 budget request. What percent do
you THINK is slated for nuclear weapons? Click into our "factsheets"
section and see how close your guess is to the truth.

3. Case study on plutonium-contaminated sludge emanating from Livermore Lab
and given to unsuspecting residents as free fertilizer for nearly 20 years.
Click into our "reports" section to read, or download the PDF and read it
later.

4. August 6, 2007 commemoration of the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and
Nagasaki at the location where the U.S. is developing the NEXT nuclear
weapon. Download our flier in PDF (click into our "newsletters" section).
Read about the action.

5. Tri-Valley CAREs' July 2007 newsletter, Citizen's Watch.
	* Site 300: Bombs Away?
	* Unlocking Our Right to Know
	* US Nukes at the NPT
	* Hiroshima Commemoration at Livermore Lab

You will also find an events calendar, news articles quoting Tri-Valley
CAREs, press releases, fact sheets, and much, much more.

Visit us soon at trivalleycares.org. And, if you like what you see, we
invite you to also click into the "make a donation" button at the top of
the page. Your contribution is tax-deductible - and always appreciated.

Peace,
Marylia

Marylia Kelley,
Executive Director