2007 CPEO Military List Archive

From: "Peter Schlesinger" <pschles3@comcast.net>
Date: 26 Jun 2007 00:39:40 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: RE: [CPEO-MEF] Cost of cleaning former Korean bases

I just can't wait to see what will be the long term healthcare and cleanup
costs for Iraq and Afghanistan. I've been thinking about all that RDX, HMX,
lead, DNT, perchlorate, depleted uranium, and subsequent daughter products
of their breakdown hitting the drinking water supplies of those nations.
Maybe if we had Congress legislate that healthcare and cleanup costs be
added to the costs of war, we could convince any  leader in the White House
that it wasn't in our self-interest to drop / fire these poisonous nasties,
let alone create them, in the first place?

Peter Schlesinger, Citizen Member
Massachusetts Military Reservation Impact Area Review Team