2007 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 6 Feb 2007 00:47:33 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Aerojet munitions site, Chino Hills, CA

Neighbors question safety of Aerojet land

By Shelli DeRobertis
Inland Valley Daily Bulletin
February 5, 2007

CHINO HILLS - Shirley Ayala remembers her introduction to the neighboring Aerojet munitions testing facility in the city.

"I was unaware of what Aerojet even was when I moved in," said Ayala, a 20-year Oakcreek Street resident.

At the same time every day, Ayala's windows would rattle and her television would become fuzzy. She later found out that weapons were being tested at the facility.

After Aerojet closed in 1995, Ayala was one of three people who submitted a petition to the City Council, which helped stop a developer from building on the property.

"I told the City Council I didn't feel developing the property was safe," she said.

http://www.dailybulletin.com/news/ci_5159257