2006 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 20 Oct 2006 02:46:14 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Whiting Field Naval Air Station (FL) encroachment

Grants to help protect military

Louis Cooper Pensacola News Journal (FL) October 19, 2006

Santa Rosa County will use $625,000 in state grants to continue efforts to protect the largest industry in the county - the military.

"Most people look at what we're doing as a model for how to protect your military base," County Commissioner Don Salter said in a news conference Wednesday. "That's our primary goal."

Earlier this month, the Florida Defense Infrastructure Grant Program awarded TEAM Santa Rosa Economic Development Council $500,000 for land acquisition to prevent encroachment at Whiting Field Naval Air Station. The Pensacola Bay Area Chamber of Commerce received a similar grant for the same amount.

http://www.pensacolanewsjournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061019/BUSINESS/610190304/1003

--

Lenny Siegel Director, Center for Public Environmental Oversight c/o PSC, 278-A Hope St., Mountain View, CA 94041 Voice: 650/961-8918 or 650/969-1545 Fax: 650/961-8918 <lsiegel@cpeo.org> http://www.cpeo.org