2006 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 5 Sep 2006 22:56:33 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Nellis Air Force Base (NV) "incompatible zoning"

Nellis AFB throws up roadblock
Rezoning of industrial site near base is meeting resistance

BY ARNOLD M. KNIGHTLY
Las Vegas Business Press (NV)
September 5, 2006

Commander of the 99th Air Base Wing, Col. Michael L. Bartley, sent a letter on Aug. 21 to Clark County Commission Chairman Rory Reid regarding "the issue of preventing continued growth of incompatible zoning" around Nellis Air Force Base.

At the center of the current dispute is 23 1/2 acres at the northwest corner of Nellis Boulevard and Carey Avenue. Currently zoned for industrial, New Market Land Company initially proposed changing the zoning to commercial.

"I told them no," said County Commissioner Tom Collins. "I told them they could leave it under the industrial zoning each improvement they wanted to make to that property would come under a use permit and have to come before the commission."

http://www.lvbusinesspress.com/articles/2006/09/05/news/news05.txt

--

Lenny Siegel Director, Center for Public Environmental Oversight c/o PSC, 278-A Hope St., Mountain View, CA 94041 Voice: 650/961-8918 or 650/969-1545 Fax: 650/961-8918 <lsiegel@cpeo.org> http://www.cpeo.org