2006 CPEO Military List Archive

From: lsiegel@np.craigslist.org
Date: 16 Aug 2006 21:53:26 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Kelly Air Force Base (TX) cleanup

Kelly Clean Up Not Easing Worries

By Vickie Jean Summers
WOAI TV-4 News (San Antonio, TX)
August 16, 2006

Neighbors of the former Kelly Air Force Base don't feel safe, despite the
Air Force's efforts to clean up the site.

Cleaning up the former Air Force base after so many years of chemical
pollution is no easy job.

The Air Force issued a progress report on Tuesday. The Air Force says a
critical step has been stopping the pollution at it's source.

"I think the community should be assured that we are doing the job that
needs to be done to address contamination at Kelly," said Norma Landez, a
BRAC Environmental Coordinator.

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=BDD90F86-2280-44E4-861E-5A9CC234782F