2006 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 29 Jul 2006 20:52:55 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Camp Edwards (MA) perchlorate treatment

Bay State water supply rule on perchlorate leads nation

By AMANDA LEHMERT
Cape Cod Times
July 29, 2006

Massachusetts became the first state in the nation yesterday to adopt a safe drinking water standard for the chemical perchlorate.

There are several plumes of the toxic chemical flowing in the aquifer under the Massachusetts Military Reservation. The aquifer is the Upper Cape's main source of drinking water.

Two new treatment systems at the base were built with the Massachusetts standard in mind, said Ben Gregson of the Army's groundwater studies program. "We want to make sure we get it done."

http://www.capecodonline.com/cctimes/baystate29.htm
--

Lenny Siegel Director, Center for Public Environmental Oversight c/o PSC, 278-A Hope St., Mountain View, CA 94041 Voice: 650/961-8918 or 650/969-1545 Fax: 650/961-8918 <lsiegel@cpeo.org> http://www.cpeo.org