2006 CPEO Military List Archive

From: marylia@earthlink.net (marylia)
Date: 20 Jun 2006 15:31:32 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] New on Tri-Valley CAREs' website June 19, 2006

Greetings. Please find the following new items on Tri-Valley CAREs' web
site at www.trivalleycares.org --

1.      Read Tri-Valley CAREs' comment on the Department of Energy's draft
Request for Proposals to manage the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory.
Just click into the "technical letters and comments" section on the left
hand side of our website.

2.      Get all the latest on the recent hearing before the 9th Circuit
Court in the lawsuit brought by Tri-Valley CAREs and Nuclear Watch New
Mexico. We seek to compel a detailed environmental review and public
hearings before Livermore Lab can operate an advanced biowarfare agent
research facility mixing bugs and bombs at the nuclear weapons lab. Read
our June press release and then click into "TVC in the news" section to
find some of the news stories.

3.      Check out our calendar section and find out about an important
workshop to be held in Livermore on July 19. The event is titled "Radiation
and Health" and will feature guest speakers and researchers from Clark
University and the Community-Based Hazard Management Program. For topic
details and short biographies, just click into the calendar section at the
left-hand side of the website, read the workshop description and open the
flier linked there.

4.      Read Tri-Valley CAREs' comment on the remedies being considered for
the Superfund cleanup at Livermore Lab's site 300 high explosives testing
range. You will find our comment in the "technical letters and comment"
section of the web site.

5.      Click into our "alerts" section and find ways you can effectively
help stop nuclear weapons and pollution. We have newly posted letters you
can download, sign and send to save the environment. We have petitions you
can download to stop the Dept. of Energy from doubling the plutonium at
Livermore. And, more.

6.      Check out the "newsletters" section and find our June 2006
Citizen's Watch freshly posted there. Read "print bites" about funding for
the so-called Reliable Replacement Warhead program, the Divine Strake
protest (and the postponement of the test) -- and so much more!

I hope you enjoy our website and all of the information you will find
there. As always, comments welcome.

Peace,
Marylia

Marylia Kelley
Executive Director
Tri-Valley CAREs
(Communities Against a Radioactive Environment)
2582 Old First Street
Livermore, CA USA 94551

<http://www.trivalleycares.org> - is our web site address. Please visit us
there!