2006 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 21 Mar 2006 18:26:54 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Inland Empire (CA) water agencies cooperate on perchlorate

Unity on water cleanup
5 agencies teaming up against contamination

Andrew Silva
San Bernardino Sun (CA)
March 21, 2006

Stop it from spreading. Clean up what's there. Make sure there's plenty of water for everybody.

That's the gist of a $106 million plan to clean a rocket-fuel ingredient from the groundwater in Rialto, Colton and Fontana.

"We got all the engineers together and decided if we're going to clean this up, how would we do it," said Peter Wulfman, manager of San Bernardino County's solid-waste division.

With five agencies involved, getting all of them to agree on a common strategy for attacking the problem is a major step.

http://www.sbsun.com/news/ci_3622461

--

Lenny Siegel Director, Center for Public Environmental Oversight c/o PSC, 278-A Hope St., Mountain View, CA 94041 Voice: 650/961-8918 or 650/969-1545 Fax: 650/961-8918 <lsiegel@cpeo.org> http://www.cpeo.org