2005 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 19 Aug 2005 17:02:20 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Water sampling at MMR (MA)

Forestdale residents surprised by test well plans

By Silene Gordon
Upper Cape Codder (MA)
August 18, 2005

Residents on Little Acorn Lane and Grand Oak Road are preparing to see
drilling apparatus in their neighborhood this fall as the Army installs
new wells to test for pollution coming from the Massachusetts Military Reservation.

And they're not happy about it.

"We're shocked," said one resident who had just received the news and
didn't want to give her name. "We're not ready to talk about this yet.
We're devastated and we need to figure out how to come together as a
neighborhood around this."

Although residents receive their drinking water from the town supply,
concern lingers over the affects of potential exposure to the
contaminants on children.

"You hear about the cancer rates in Sandwich, on the Cape," said the
same resident, who said she just wants "honest answers" from the Army.
"If something happens to one of my children I would never forgive them."

http://www2.townonline.com/bourne/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=306090