2005 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 3 Jun 2005 23:58:04 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Florida requires Tallevast health assessment

Tallevast welcomes scrutiny of Lockheed

DONNA WRIGHT
Bradenton Herald (FL)
June 3, 2005

TALLEVAST ? The Florida state Department of Environmental Protection has
spoken, and Lockheed Martin Corp. must listen.

Leaders of the polluted community of Tallevast welcome the news that the
defense giant must now address their health concerns.

"We are elated that they are finally putting the fire under Lockheed
Martin to do what is right," said Wanda Washington, vice president of
Family Community United and Strong, an advocacy group representing
Tallevast residents. "We always assumed there would be deficiencies in
Lockheed's work."

The Florida DEP has ordered Lockheed Martin to assess the current and
future exposure risks to humans and the environment from an underground
plume of contamination stemming from the old beryllium plant on
Tallevast Road, The Herald has reported.

http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradenton/news/local/11808974.htm