2005 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 18 Mar 2005 17:07:13 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] "Mayor demands Wyle answers"

Mayor demands Wyle answers

By SUE DOYLE
Inland Valley Daily Bulletin (CA)
March 17, 2005

NORCO - Pushing for a 30-day deadline, Mayor Herb Higgins demanded that
a state Department of Toxic Substances Control official speed up the
Wyle Laboratory contamination investigation.

Higgins said he wanted to know how far contamination was stretching
underground after this past week's findings of cancer-causing chemicals
in groundwater and soil below Hillside Avenue and Third Street. His
comments came after DTSC Project Manager Juan Osornio went before the
City Council on Wednesday and explained the agency's latest update.

"If it's a problem, I don't want you to tell me in six months.
Eventually you'll have to get out in front of it to see where it
terminates," Higgins said. "Now you don't have a clue, and DTSC doesn't
have a clue."

http://www.dailybulletin.com/Stories/0,1413,203~21481~2769206,00.html