2005 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 1 Jan 2005 19:25:02 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Camp Edwards wells near completion

Army to finish last of 3 wells for testing

By AMANDA LEHMERT
Cape Cod Times (MA)
January 1, 2005

SANDWICH - By next week the Army should complete the last of three wells
to test whether plumes of perchlorate have left the base and are
traveling through the groundwater under Sandwich.

Earlier this year, the Army's Groundwater Study Program found traces of
perchlorate in a private drinking water well of a home in Forestdale.
But so far, cleanup officials say they haven't found any other
groundwater contamination.

"We're not seeing contamination out in the community but we will
continue to investigate," said Hap Gonser, head of the groundwater program.

The cleanup investigation of the southeast ranges of Camp Edwards was
one of the most active parts of the program this year as the Army tries
to determine the extent of several perchlorate and Royal Demolition
Explosives plumes in the area.

http://www.capecodonline.com/cctimes/armyto1.htm