2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 19 Nov 2004 19:57:01 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Spring Valley disease survey

Study finds diseases in 1918 test area

By CHARLES BERMPOHL
Northwest Current (DC)
November 10, 2004

A yearlong survey of health problems in a 345-house section of Spring
Valley has turned up 160 cases of chronic, often life-threatening and
rare diseases - roughly one in every six homes - in the epicenter of the
U.S. Army?s World War I chemical warfare testing grounds.

The survey, coordinated through The Current, showed 131 individuals
afflicted with 56 separate diseases of which more than half - 30 -can be
linked to arsenic and other lethal agents that were developed, tested
and then buried in the neighborhood during and after the war that ended
in 1918.

Most of the victims of these diseases, which include 58 cancers and 27
autoimmune disorders, no longer live in Spring Valley. Fifty are dead.

So begins a collection of investigative articles published by the
Northwest Current. We have made the the entire collection available,
with the permission of the Northwest Current, as a PDF file at CPEO's
web site at

http://www.cpeo.org/pubs/Spring Valley diseases.pdf

The accompanying map is available at
http://www.cpeo.org/pubs/Spring Valley map.pdf