2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: scott j allen <scott.j.allen@juno.com>
Date: 1 Oct 2004 00:09:09 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: [CPEO-MEF] rocket fuel recycling troubles

I certainly hope that this report does not provide an excuse for the
military (or any other federal agency) to continue the open burning/open
detonation of rocket motors.  Fully contained burning/blasting units have
been designed, tested and implemented successfully.  These units are
capable of fully containing the harmful environmental impacts of
thermally treating rocket motors, and they should be used instead of
OB/OD.

Scott Allen