2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 29 Sep 2004 23:17:05 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Ft. Worth Depot

Fort Worth agrees to buy old Army depot

By Anna M. Tinsley
Star-Telegram (TZ)
September 28, 2004

FORT WORTH - City leaders agreed Tuesday to buy a 25-acre parcel at the
south side Fort Worth Federal Center, despite concerns about
contamination scattered throughout the old Army depot.

The federal government has promised the city that it would pick up the
tab if additional contamination is found on the site, where the city
hopes to relocate a vehicle maintenance center.

Lead contamination has already been removed from the parcel, records indicate.

"We feel very confident moving forward," City Councilwoman Wendy Davis
said. "Not only is it a great location, but we hope it will kick off new
development in the area."

The purchase was approved by Service Center Relocation Inc., a
quasi-governmental arm of the city whose board of directors is made up
of four council members.

for the entire article, see
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/9783216.htm?1c