2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 29 Aug 2004 18:23:59 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Perchlorate testing along the Merrimack

Save up to 80% on Inkjet & Toner Supplies. 100% Satisfaction
Guarantee. Free Shipping on orders over $49. www.inksoutlet.com
http://click.topica.com/caacAsfaVxieSbnA7rua/Inksoutlet

Water testing expands Levels of chemical vary along Merrimack

By Joyce Pellino Crane
Boston Globe
August 29, 2004

State officials have expanded the testing of water from the Merrimack
River, in an effort to gauge whether high levels of perchlorate are
affecting communities beyond Tewksbury.

At the urging of Tewksbury Town Manager David Cressman and state
legislators, employees from the state's Department of Environmental
Protection took drinking water samples Tuesday from the water treatment
plants in Lawrence, Methuen, Andover, and Lowell, which get their water
from the Merrimack. Samples were also taken where the Concord and
Merrimack rivers meet. Preliminary results are expected early this week.

"We're testing from the New Hampshire border, down the river, past the
major water supplies," said Ed Kunce, deputy commissioner of the
Department of Environmental Protection. "We are then going to also test
all of the major water supplies at the same time, because there are some
questions as to why it's showing up in Tewksbury and not other communities."

Kunce said the state environmental workers will also test canals in
Lawrence and Lowell, and the Lowell waste-water treatment plant "to see
if anything is coming in through the sewers."

for the entire article, see
http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2004/08/29/water_testing_expands_levels_of_chemical_vary_along_merrimac

Need cash fast? Get a $500 CASH ADVANCE overnight! Let
YourCashCentral get you the cash you need.
http://click.topica.com/caacxycaVxieSbnA7ruf/MyOnlinePayday