2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 18 Aug 2004 16:53:04 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: BAE denies contamination responsibility

Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
http://click.topica.com/caacvgpaVxieSbnA7rua/OmahaSteaks

BAE denies contamination responsibility

DANIEL J. SERNOVITZ
The Reporter (PA)
August 18, 2004

MONTGOMERY TWP. ? BAE Systems Aerospace Electronics Inc. Site Executive
Todd Gelb? speaking before a Montgomery Township committee meeting
Tuesday? argued the defense contractor has been maligned and it's not
responsible for contamination at a nearby North Penn Water Authority
well.

"I don't think any company likes to see that in the paper? that they're
being sued?" Gelb said during an afternoon meeting of the Montgomery
Township Business Development Partnership. "This company has spent a lot
of time and energy and money trying to establish a positive name in the
community. We've got 400 employees in the community and probably 90
percent of them live or work in the county and we want them to be proud
of where they work."

Gelb was not scheduled to address the partnership but asked for time to
discuss the situation because it had been written about in The Reporter.

BAE's Richardson Road property is one of three sites that make up the
federal Environmental Protection Agency's North Penn Area 5 Superfund
site. The properties are contaminated with high levels of
tricholoroethylene? a cleaning solvent used heavily in industries prior
to the discovery of its environmental hazards.

for the entire article, see
http://www.thereporteronline.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=12718659&BRD=2275&PAG=461&dept_id=466404&rfi=6

Get a Great Credit Card for You Today
You can find a credit card to fit your credit needs.
All types of credit cards -- 0% APRs, Rewards, & Bad Credit.
http://click.topica.com/caacvguaVxieSbnA7ruf/411Web