2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 15 Aug 2004 03:23:35 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Private cleanup proposed for McClellan AFB parcel

Get a Great Credit Card for You Today
You can find a credit card to fit your credit needs.
All types of credit cards -- 0% APRs, Rewards, & Bad Credit.
http://click.topica.com/caacvguaVxieSbnA7rua/411Web

Daring toxics plan at McClellan Park
Developers want to take over cleanup

By Celia Lamb
Sacramento Business Journal
August 15, 2004

The developers of the former McClellan Air Force Base hope to hasten the
cleanup of an economically promising 60-acre industrial parcel by
managing it themselves.

That's more daring than it might sound -- it means taking on extra
financial risk, and has never been done on a former military site this
polluted.

McClellan Park LLC wants to build a 700,000 square-foot office park on
the site at the southern edge of the old base, but toxics-laden soil
stands in the way. The Air Force has cleaned parts of McClellan and has
almost finished a plan for the rest, but the office site is low on its
list of priorities.

"Our focus is really on reuse," said McClellan Park senior vice
president Alan Hersh. "The Air Force has a more methodical plan."

So McClellan Park and Sacramento County have proposed taking over the
environmental liability on that site from the Air Force in exchange for
a fixed pot of money to pay for soil remediation. They could have the
site cleaned and ready for building in as little as 21&#8260;2 years,
Hersh said.

for the entire article, see
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/5698881/

Amazing Diet Patch