2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 10 Aug 2004 15:15:57 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Norco community seeks Superfund status for Wyle site

Get a Great Credit Card for You Today
You can find a credit card to fit your credit needs.
All types of credit cards -- 0% APRs, Rewards, & Bad Credit.
http://click.topica.com/caacvguaVxieSbnA7rua/411Web

Superfund listing sought

NORCO: Health concerns need to be addressed and getting that status
could help, backers say.

By BONNIE STEWART
Riverside Press-Enterprise (CA)
August 10, 2004

The Wyle Labs Community Advisory Group asked Norco residents Monday to
lobby their legislators so that the hazardous test site would be added
to the federal Superfund list.

"We have to get it on the Superfund list to get our health concerns
addressed," the group's chairwoman, Jeanne Guertin, told a group of
about 45 people.

Last month, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency announced that soil
and groundwater pollution on Wyle Lab's 428 acres was serious enough to
rank it among the nation's most toxic sites on its Superfund list.

The agency, however, declined to add the Wyle property to the list
because the state is overseeing its cleanup.

The EPA's yearlong investigation uncovered high levels of pesticides,
heavy metals, the rocket-fuel chemical perchlorate and an industrial
solvent known as TCE in the soil and the groundwater.

for the entire article, see
http://www.pe.com/localnews/corona/stories/PE_News_Local_wyle10.a0ecd.html

Amazing Diet Patch
http://click.topica.com/caacvgtaVxieSbnA7ruf/MyDietPatches