2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 24 Jul 2004 20:06:51 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Fed center using "green" ammunition

Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
http://click.topica.com/caacpgjaVxieSbnA7rua/OmahaSteaks

Fed center using environmental ammunition

By RUSS BYNUM
ASSOCIATED PRESS (SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER)
July 23, 2004

BRUNSWICK, Ga. -- Officers aim their submachine guns at small steel
targets and fire short bursts of bullets that, on impact, disintegrate
into copper-colored dust.

So-called "green ammo" - bullets made of iron, copper and other metals
less toxic than lead - has become the norm at the Federal Law
Enforcement Training Center, essentially the nation's largest police academy.

Responsible for training the employees of 76 federal agencies, from the
Secret Service to the U.S. Park Service police, the center has virtually
created a market for unleaded ammunition that officials say poses fewer
health and environmental risks.

"This is one of the most significant advances in police training I've
seen in my 20-plus-year career," said Mark Fritts, a senior firearms
instructor at the center.

Made from compressed metal particles, the ammo was introduced at the
center six years ago and now makes up 75 percent of the 20 million
rounds fired annually at the center's campuses in Brunswick, Artesia,
N.M.; Charleston, S.C.; and Cheltenham, Md.

for the entire article,
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/apus_story.asp?category=1110&slug=Unleaded%20Ammo

Amazing Diet Patch
http://click.topica.com/caacoW6aVxieSbnA7ruf/MyDietPatches