2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 11 Jul 2004 20:32:34 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Kelly AIr Force Base pollution protest

Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
http://click.topica.com/caacpgjaVxieSbnA7rua/OmahaSteaks

Protestors march near former base

By: Vince Atkinson
News9 San Antonio (TX)
July 11, 2004

Saturday was the three year anniversary of the closing of Kelly Air
Force Base and more than 100 people in Southwest San Antonio took to the
streets for a protest march. Some residents who live near the former
base claim it polluted nearby communities.

"We are going to keep marching, we are going to keep talking - we are
going to get louder until somebody does something," March for
Remembrance and Regeneration protestor Vivian Riggi said.

The demonstrators walked more than two miles through neighborhoods
surrounding the former Kelly U.S. Air Force Base putting up cross's they
said were to remember the people who have died of pollution they believe
was put out by the base.

for the entire story, see
http://news9sanantonio.com/content/top_stories/default.asp?ArID=13606

Give Your Team Access to Their PCs from Anywhere. Increase
productivity with a secure remote-access solution from
GoToMyPC Pro. Stay in touch with your office. FREE TRIAL:
http://click.topica.com/caacpgGaVxieSbnA7ruf/ExpertCity