2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 11 Jul 2004 20:03:44 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: DEW Line Contamination/ Buy-out

Apply now for a No-Annual-Fee Discover® Platinum Card
0% Intro APR*, No Annual Fee, Up to 2% Cashback Bonus®
award* Start Saving Today ? APPLY NOW! It's fast, easy and
secure.
http://click.topica.com/caacpgwaVxieSbnA7rua/DiscoverCard

Barrow woman defends value of land
OLIKTOK POINT: Stevens wants to pay family $2.5 million for 160 acres.

By LIZ RUSKIN
Anchorage Daily News
July 11, 2004)

Marie Adams Carroll, one of three Barrow siblings who would benefit from
a land purchase Sen. Ted Stevens inserted into a military spending bill,
said it wasn't her well-connected brother who appealed to Stevens'
office to have the government buy their land for $2.5 million.

"I was the one who talked to them," Carroll said. "It wasn't Jake or
Johnny."

Her older brother, Jake Adams, is president of Arctic Slope Regional
Corp. and a prominent friend of Stevens.

Stevens, R-Alaska and chairman of the Senate Appropriations Committee,
inserted a paragraph in the annual defense spending bill last month that
would purchase 160 acres at Oliktok Point for $2.5 million. The
landowners, unnamed in the bill, are Jacob Adams, Johnny Adams and Marie Carroll.

Carroll, who works for the nonprofit Arctic Slope Native Association,
said the land is precious to her family -- at least it was before the
Air Force started using it as a dumpsite for an adjacent radar station.

for the entire article, see
http://www.adn.com/front/story/5288061p-5225171c.html

Amazing Diet Patch
http://click.topica.com/caacoW6aVxieSbnA7ruf/MyDietPatches