2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 1 Jul 2004 07:28:56 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Rialto Reimbursement

Get a Great Credit Card for You Today
You can find a credit card to fit your credit needs.
All types of credit cards -- 0% APRs, Rewards, & Bad Credit.
http://click.topica.com/caacpgdaVxieSa8wsBba/411Web

Rialto Land Cleanup Payment Set

The deal over a former weapons site calls for partial reimbursements
from landowner, Target.

By Janet Wilson
Los Angeles Times
June 30, 2004

A portion of the $3 million the federal government spent decontaminating
a former weapons site in Rialto will be reimbursed by the landowner and
Target, allowing the retailer to build a major distribution center,
federal regulators announced Tuesday.

The agreements, announced by the U.S. Justice Department and
Environmental Protection Agency and subject to final approval, require
the current landowner, Intercoastal LLC of Long Beach, and Target to pay
a total of about $970,000.

It remains unclear whether the federal government will ever be
reimbursed for the remaining $2.3 million in cleanup costs, said Mark
Merchant, spokesman with the EPA's western regional office in San Francisco.

"As time goes on, hopefully we'll be able to recover more costs from the
responsible parties," Merchant said.

Intercoastal would pay $640,000 from proceeds of a planned $1.8-million
sale of the property to Target, said EPA attorney Thann Cox. Target
would conduct some additional tests, pay as much as $330,000 in cleanup
costs and be released from future liability by the federal government.

for the entire article, see
http://www.latimes.com/news/science/environment/la-me-superfund30jun30,1,5066204.story?coll=la-news-environment

Get a FREE Mortgage Quote from Mortgage War. Simple application
for mortgage information. If you're ready to get a quote click
now!
http://click.topica.com/caacpgiaVxieSa8wsBbf/411Web