2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Aimee Houghton <aimeeh@cpeo.org>
Date: 24 May 2004 13:11:36 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: NPR Airs Two-Part Perchlorate Story

Give Your Team Access to Their PCs from Anywhere. Increase productivity with a secure remote-access solution from GoToMyPC Pro. Stay in touch with your office. FREE TRIAL:
http://click.topica.com/caaccMVaVxieSa8wsBba/ ExpertCity

This morning NPR aired the first of it's two-part story on perchlorate titled: Getting to the Bottom of Perchlorate: Health Consequences of Contaminated Water Unclear in California.

To hear the story please click on the following link:
http://www.npr.org/features/feature.php?wfId=1906233

Though this story appears to focus on California, other states have discovered perchlorate in their drinking water. Massachusetts, in particular, has serious concerns about the effect this has on human health.

Today the National Academy of Sciences will meet today in Woods Hole, MA to discuss this issue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aimee R. Houghton
Associate Director, CPEO
1101 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Suite 1000
Washington, DC  20036
tel: 202-452-8039; fax: 202-452-8095
Email: aimeeh@cpeo.org
www.cpeo.org

Empower your Team with Remote Access. GoToMyPC Pro provides your organization with instant remote access to email,files, applications and network resources in real time. FREE TRIAL:
http://click.topica.com/caaccMSaVxieSa8wsBbf/ ExpertCity

CPEO: A DECADE OF SUCCESS. Your generous support will ensure that our important work on military and environmental issues will continue. Please consider one of our donation options. Thank you.