2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 14 May 2004 14:38:04 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Ion Exchange Treatment at MMR

Buy Stocks and Index Funds for just $4 No Account or
Investment Minimums and No Inactivity Fees Automatically
invest weekly or monthly and build your future.
http://click.topica.com/caaccMMaVxieSa8wsBba/ Sharebuilder

Army tests new cleanup plan

By AMANDA LEHMERT
Cape Cod Times
May 14, 2004

CAMP EDWARDS - In a white-capped jar, the tiny gold-tinted beads look
like glitter for a grade school art project. But they may be the answer
to water woes that have plagued communities from the Cape Cod to California.

The sand-sized beads - ion exchange resin - may soon be used to draw the
chemical perchlorate out of the water at the Massachusetts Military Reservation.

Six months ago, the Army's Groundwater Study Program embarked on a
project to test two resins and granular-activated carbon to find ways to
clean up pollution on the base.
 "We are always looking for better and more effective ways to treat the
contaminants of concern at MMR and to see how available technologies
work under our site-specific conditions," said Hap Gonser, groundwater
program manager.

for the entire story, see
http://www.capecodonline.com/cgi-bin/print/printstory.cgi

Looking for a Promotional or Marketing Gift? Discover
Crazy Aaron's Thinking Putty in grown up handfuls. It's
the creativity unleashing, mood enhancing desk toy
customized with your corporate image!
http://click.topica.com/caaceBcaVxieSa8wsBbf/ Crazy Aaron Enterprises