2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 26 Apr 2004 14:44:26 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: On-Range response

Empower your Team with Remote Access. GoToMyPC Pro
provides your organization with instant remote access to
email,files, applications and network resources in real
time. FREE TRIAL:
http://click.topica.com/caab6auaVxieSa8wsBba/ ExpertCity

In his prepared testimony for the House Energy and Commerce Committee
last week (April 21, 2004), Ray Dubois, Deputy Under Secretary of
Defense for Installations and Environment wrote: "Finally, States and
citizens exercising RCRA authority under our RRPI RCRA provision
addressing off-range migration could potentially use that authority to
enforce on-range measures necessary to redress the migration where appropriate."

If that is the intent of the legislation that his office has proposed,
why doesn't the proposed language say so? As I read the proposal,
on-range munitions and constituents would not be hazardous wastes. Such
a clarification would slightly improve the situation at installations
such as the Aberdeen Proving Ground, where the water supplier,
regulators, and the local community were "lucky" enough to learn that
munitions constituents were migrating off range.

For Dubois' entire testimony, see
http://energycommerce.house.gov/108/Hearings/04212004hearing1252/DuBois1935.htm

Give Your Team Access to Their PCs from Anywhere. Increase
productivity with a secure remote-access solution from
GoToMyPC Pro. Stay in touch with your office. FREE TRIAL:
http://click.topica.com/caab6awaVxieSa8wsBbf/ ExpertCity