2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 10 Apr 2004 01:05:03 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Flight Easements at Luke AFB

Bounces like rubber! Shatters like ceramic! Discover Crazy
Aaron's Thinking Putty in grown up handfuls. It's the
creativity unleashing, mood enhancing desk toy!
http://click.topica.com/caab7pJaVxieSa8wsBba/ Crazy Aaron Enterprises

Luke stakeholders learn condemnation an option

By Jim Small
Glendale Star (Arizona)
April 9, 2004

Showing how serious they are about protecting Luke Air Force Base's
mission, military officials said last week that condemnation would be an
option if landowners refused to allow the Air Force to obtain the
perpetual land-use restrictive easements it wants.

When asked by an attendee of the March 31 stakeholder forum if
condemnation was a possible result of stalled negotiations, Terri Kaplan,
chief of the Army Corps of Engineers' real estate division, said simply:
"Yes."

Brig. Gen. Philip Breedlove, commander of the 56th Fighter Wing and Luke,
added, "We'd be way down the road before we came to that."

Mike Bratlien, a civilian member of the Air and Education Training Command
of the Air Force, said the land acquisition n 1,768 acres extending past
the north and south ends of the runway n is expected to begin in June.

?

for the entire story, see
http://www.glendalestar.com/articles/2004/04/08/news/news05.txt

Your opinion counts! We're conducting a survey for a
computer service/repair company. When you complete our
survey, you will also be entered into a drawing for one of
ten $100 prizes. Just click
http://click.topica.com/caab6PiaVxieSa8wsBbf/ Val Rad