2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 7 Apr 2004 15:21:09 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: AP Story on RRPI Press Briefing

Graduate in less than 13 months with AIU's Online virtual
campus. Classrooms and student service as close as your
computer. Highly accredited, study anytime ? anywhere.
http://click.topica.com/caab6anaVxieSa8wsBba/ AIU

Military: Environmental Laws a Burden

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
April 7, 2004

WASHINGTON - The Defense Department wants the government to ease
environmental laws to avoid costly cleanups of military ranges.

The proposed changes were submitted to Congress yesterday, part of the
Pentagon's renewed drive to ease several environmental laws in the name
of military readiness. Since 2002, the Bush administration has sought
more flexibility in complying with the laws, claiming that environmental
restrictions are compromising training and readiness.

Congress has approved five of the eight changes sought by the Pentagon
so far.

Defense officials said yesterday that lawsuits from environmental groups
could cripple training exercises on 525 operational range complexes.

"We as a department cannot wait for a train wreck," Paul Mayberry,
deputy undersecretary of defense for readiness, said, explaining the
need for a third consecutive year of requests from Congress.

for the entire story, see
http://www.capecodonline.com/cctimes/militaryenvironmental7.htm

Your opinion counts! We're conducting a survey for a
computer service/repair company. When you complete our
survey, you will also be entered into a drawing for one of
ten $100 prizes. Just click
http://click.topica.com/caab6PiaVxieSa8wsBbf/ Val Rad